A Database Server can refer both to the hardware and the software used to run a database. As a software, the database server functions as the back-end system of the application, following the client-server model.
Database servers as hardware are specially designed computers that hold the actual databases and run only the DBMSs and related software. Database servers are usually multiprocessor computers, with RAID disk arrays used for stable storage. Connected to one or more servers via a high-speed channel, hardware database accelerators are also used for large volume transactions.
Microsoft SQL Database Administration (DBA) Expertise
Equilibrium’s Microsoft SQL Database Administrator (DBA) can assist you with the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of databases in an organization.
Our DBA has experience and proficiencies including the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. We can also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
A database administrator's responsibilities can include the following tasks:
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintaining archived data
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
Equilibrium has helped many clients design, build and implement Database Servers that use the following technology - SQL, Oracle, Pervasive, Progress, and mySQL. If you need DBMS service or advice, contact Equilibrium today.