Virtualization - Doing More with Less
By sharing the resources of a single computer across multiple environments, virtualization technology essentially allows one computer do the job of multiple computers. Virtual servers and virtual desktops let you host multiple operating systems and multiple applications locally and in remote locations, freeing you from physical and geographical limitations. In addition to energy savings and lower capital expenses due to more efficient use of your hardware resources, you get a higher availability of resources, better desktop management, increased security, and improved disaster recovery processes.
Equilibrium specializes in VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix virtualization technologies. In fact, Equilibrium has over a dozen full time VMware Certified Professionals (VCPs) and Citrix Certified Administrators (CCAs).
Benefits of Virtualization Technology:
- Improves availability and support for business-critical applications and large databases
- Significantly reduces hardware, software and energy costs
- Reduces infrastructure costs and complexity while improving performance and utilization
- Dramatically simplifies infrastructure management and increases efficiency
- Eliminates downtime for hardware maintenance
- Consolidates available storage capacity across vendor, cabinet, interface, OS and connectivity boundaries
- Enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance and more time on meeting growing business needs
- Increases security by enabling the management, measurement and observation of all dimensions of access - who, what, where and how long
- Ensures business continuity, allowing users to work even after disaster strikes
- Increases mobility by enabling users to work from anywhere
If you have questions about virtualization technology or would like to set up a consultation with one of our virtualization specialists, give Equilibrium a call today at 877-787-2497.